Subject: Re: 1.3.1
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1998 21:30:57
Chris wrote:
> Well, I rand the install doc as you suggested, but it does not mention
> how to upgrade from 1.3.  Yes, it does mention upgrading from 1.2, but
> not from 1.3.
>
> So, currently I am using 1.3, and I would like to know how to upgrade to
> 1.3.1.  Perhaps I looked at the wrong INTSALL doc.  I looked at the one
> in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBsd-1.3.1/mac68k/INSTALL
>
> Once again, it does not mention how to upgrade from 1.3.

Although I'm sure I've said this at least twice already, the upgrade
procedure for 1.3 -> 1.3.1 is the _same_ as that for 1.2.x -> 1.3.  The
only differences would be the one-time things that you have already done
for 1.3 (like removing unused binaries or fixing /etc/fstab).  Until we
come up with much better install tools, this is likely to be the case
for a while.  It will certainly be the case for the 1.3.x -> 1.3.2 upgrade
as well.

In general, you should probably follow the upgrade procedure outlined in
the INSTALL doc for _any_ upgrade you do.  They are fairly general, or at
least should be.  If you find any mistakes or shortcomings in them, please
let me know.

Later.