Subject: Re: [Q] About packages (for bin distribution ?)...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan McMahill <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/1998 11:57:16
In message <1d6ahi6.jk003clqm3f8M@pop-rouen-176.easynet.fr>, Gwenole Beauchesne writes:
>Hi,
>
>Since I already compiled a few tools (and I plan to compile more), I
>would like to put those somewhere so others may benefit of.
>
>The bad point is that I don't know how to pack them a decent way to make
>them easy to install. I am aware of rmps for Linux and pkgadd for
>Solaris. But what about NetBSD ?
>
>I saw that there is a pkg-tools set for NetBSD. Is that the one I should
>use and how ?

Yes, that is the thing to use.  When pkg_add is used to install
software, it registers all the files which have been added so
you can also deinstall without a big headache.

There is documentation at

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/netbsd/Packages.txt

It looks like the last update was only a few days ago so it should
be as up to date as anything.

Dan