Subject: Re: POP3 Server?
To: Michael Menousek <menousek@cse.unl.edu>
From: Reinhard Spieker <reinhard.spieker@usa.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/1998 23:39:26
>Where can I get (or do i already have) a POP3 server so I can use Eudora,
>etc, from other computers to check my mail on my netbsd box?

As far as i know the only possibilty is to use the qpopper from Qualcomm
(Eudora). It=B4s a freeware and "compileable" under NetBSD.

It=B4s running fine so far, but even with the NetBSD patches it won=B4t run
with the APOP authorization (i always a segmentation fault when i want to
add a user to the database; i send msg about that to this list, but noone
seems to have a solution ...), but if you don=B4t need that security feature=
,
you can run it with clear text passwords and it works fine with Eudora
(Light, Pro) client on a Mac.

And here are the links ...

qpopper source
ftp://ftp.qualcomm.com/eudora/servers/unix/popper/
patch for NetBSD (but you don=B4t need it)
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/mail/qpopper/

Maybe this will help you,

Reinhard