Subject: Re: INTVIDTEST2 Survey
To: Tim Bessie <tbessie@eci.net>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 18:11:09
> How's it going?  I was wondering, since our last volly
> of email regarding older Powerbook internal video (I've
> got a PB180, you may recall) if this intvid has any
> changes with regard to these machines.  Takashi reverse
> engineered some of the PowerManager code so that it worked,
> but I haven't been keeping up with the list and don't
> know if other work has been done since then.  Do you
> know of any?

Not particularly. The fix for PowerBooks is still more of a
memory mapping issue. That's Scott's domain. Haven't
heard from Scott in a bit so I don't know what's going
on there.

As far as the LCD or external video, I don't have any
plans of supporting the PowerBooks on my first release
since I really don't have any access to a PowerBook!

> I'd be also curious to know if Takashi placed his PB180
> PowerManager changes into the source tree.  Well, Takashi? ;-)

I think they did. I recall seeing something like pm.c somewhere
in recent sources.