Subject: Re: Question on Communicator...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 13:20:14
Chris Jewell wrote:
> I have been snooping around the Web and I saw that Communicator 4.04 is
> out on Netscape'sa FTP server under devlopment for several UNIX systems.
> Is FreeBSD comparable with NetBSD?  In other words could I install the
> FreeBSD version on my NetBSD system and have it work, somewhat? (Since I
> know it is still under development).

Only if you're running NetBSD/i386.  FreeBSD only supports Intel
Architecture processors (i.e. x86).  There is a BSDi binary that works for
NetBSD/i386 as well, I believe.

Until some kind soul creates an m68k version from the soon-to-be-released
Communicator 5.0 sources, the only way you can run Netscape under NetBSD
is as a remote client on your local X server.

Sorry.