Subject: [Q] `df` command is bugged ?
To: ML - NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gwenole.beauchesne@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 22:04:13
Hi,

I have noticed a strange phenomenon. As I issue a `df -k` command, I get
the following output for my /usr partition for example:

File System  1K-blocks  Used   Available  Capacity  Mounted
/dev/sd0g     290214   186558   74634       71%      /usr

*But* the `du -ks /usr` tells me that only 89,886K are used !! The most
striking fact is that my /home partition is nearly-empty (only 12K!) but
the df command reports that 290,226K are used!!

How can I solve this problem ?
Note: I formatting stage (with MkFS), I chose to optimize for speed
since that was the recommended option in the Jaz Mini How-to and that
Jaz and SyJet drives are pretty similar...

I thank you in advance,
Gwenole Beauchesne