Subject: Re: newbie help, first time launch
To: James Brittain <boleyhs@brightok.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 09:46:48
James Brittain wrote:
> > okay, I'll try to remain calm. I followed the directions on how to install 1.3 exactly. I booted up and tried to edit the rc.conf file. I was greeted with vi: not found. So I tried find vi. find:not found. help!
> > I boot

BTW, you might want to make sure your mailer wraps lines at 80 columns or
less.

> I reinstalled basic.tgz, it seems to work fine now. Is this going to
> present a problem down the road?

Probably not.  Are you sure that it installed successfully the first time?
Make sure that you run "fsck -fy" in single-user mode next time you boot
to ensure that there is no mysteriously lurking filesystem damage.

Later.