Subject: Re: esp0/dmaintr follow-up (`bin/5133')
To: Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gwenole.beauchesne@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 14:06:34
Hi,

>       * When booting from the Syquest, dmaintr/esp0 messages would occur
> sporadiacly when in single user-mode, chronically when in multi-user.
> Could this have something to do with the system's attempt at accessing swap
> space?

I also experienced this problem. I tried to use NetBSD 1.3 on a SyQuest
SQ3270S (270 MB external SCSI). I got the same dmaintr/esp0 messages as
you mentionned.... and worse, after having played around in multi-user
with those messages, on the next boot, NetBSD 1.3 was no longer useable
(ie: it stopped to boot with some errors).

But, you should also note that, I tried NetBSD on a SyJet drive. I must
say that I did not notice such messages. Or maybe was they simply much
less numerous ? Today, I will install it again since I got my new
cartridge (I hope it is not defective too...).

HTH,
Gwenole Beauchesne