Subject: "Funny" thing... (boot on Q630 & SyJet)
To: ML - NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gwenole.beauchesne@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 14:06:39
Hi,

I reinstalled NetBSD 1.3 on my SyJet removable drive the usual way (I
already installed it twice): partitionning, running mkfs, and then
installing...

Well, the "funny" thing is that I get the following message with the
Booter:

<< Booting... Magic numbers do not match -- Improper UFS partition.
   Could not open kernel "(2,?) netbsd". >>

So, I checked the Booter FAQ:

<< Magic numbers do not match -- Improper UFS partition.
     This means that the Booter went to read the NetBSD partition you
     specified, and it didn't find a valid BSD filesystem there. Did you
     remember to run Mkfs on the partition? >>

- I am sure to have run the Mkfs on the partitions. But I am now
starting to doubt.
- If the "kernel location" is on a MacOS drive (I used the
netbsd-GENERIC.gz) kernel. You know what ? It boots and mounts my
drive...
- My mac is an Q630 36/1700 with a SyJet removable drive.

I am going to install it again...

Gwenole Beauchesne