Subject: Re: ADB quirks
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/19/1998 12:28:12
> 3) The ROM based (MRG) ADB driver unconditionally disables the adb device
> if you boot with serial console -- no local X server. I can see situations
> where this comes in handy, but please make it an option (for the booter?).

	If I read Hauke correctly, he wants an environment variable passed
from the Booter which would disable the ADB devices.

	I can easily do that, but someone else will have to make the change
to the ADB driver (or it it earlier on in the kernel?) so that it looks for
a new environment variable (say DISABLE_ADB) instead of SERIALCONSOLE.

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "reality is that which     |
|  Telstra IN Platforms, Sydney, Aust.  |  doesn't go away when you  |