Subject: Re: ftp-proxy ?
To: #hea <hea@ix.netcom.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1998 03:46:22
On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, #hea wrote:

> I'm using IPNAT on NetBSD as a gateway for my LAN.  Everything seems to
> work except Fetch on MacOS.  At work, I had a similar problem until I
> changed the Fetch preferences to use ftp-proxy.  Do I need ftp-proxy at
> home too?  And if so, where do I get it.

	Actually, I have a similar question... but it's related to idents.
Is there a special ident server available that will work with IPNAT? That
is, so that when I connect to a service that tries to do an ident on me,
but I'm NOT on the gateway machine... is there a special identd that will
realize that it's a machine OTHER than the gateway and either redirect the
query to the REAL machine it should be identing, or even fake an ident or
something? I was told that there IS such a thing, at least in the Linux
world.... any ideas?

	And try using Fetch in 'passive' mode... should see it in the
prefs along with the other network/firewall stuff. And, if you're using
NetBSD's 'ftp' try ftp -p. ;-)

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!