Subject: Re: Startup
To: Chris <smirks@mail.eclipse.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/17/1998 05:48:42
Hi,

Assuming that you are using 1.3 or thereafter, to get sendmail to startup
automatically, you should edit the /etc/rc.conf file.  Find the line that
says

   sendmail=NO

and change it to

   sendmail=YES

For Apache, I usually put the following in the /etc/rc.local file:

   /path/to/httpd -f /path/to/conf/httpd.conf

where you fill in the /path/to/ part with the actual path to the httpd
executable and the configuration files.

Mark

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Chris wrote:

> Forgive me if this is a stupid question.  Before I lost NetBSD about a
> month ago I had sendmail and apache comeing up on boot, however I forget
> how I did that.
>
> I've tried adding lines in rc.local to no avail.  If someone could please
> point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/