Subject: Re: Fixing the lc040 FPE?!
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Gwenole Beauchesne <gwenole.beauchesne@iname.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1998 20:10:50
Hi,

> Can you find out how?  I (and probably several other people) could
> definitely use that information.

Well, in fact, that is not *exactly* the case. First, he wanted to test
NetBSD 1.3 on his LC 630 with a fpu-less 68040 (68LC040). So he had to
find an external drive and a 68040. He went to his reseller, where he
already worked for (training period or so...) and his father is somewhat
an important client, and bought a 2,1 Gig drive and asked for a 68040.

And it turns out that he got his 68040 for free... And frankly, I got a
little bit sick when he told me that because I bought my 68040 only
three months ago for... $129 :-(

In my opinion, you should first try to contact your reseller and ask him
(politely :-). On top of that, if the 68LC040 cpu is really bogus, well,
you could have a chance.

So, just give it a try, and if you are lucky...
And as "Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>" said, you can have
some surprises if you look carefully ;-)

HTH,
Gwenole Beauchesne