Subject: How to add big pakages on small disks ?
To: Port Mac68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Vincent BARAT <Vincent.Barat@ansf.alcatel.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/1998 10:01:28
Hi !

This week I tried to install a big package (xemacs-20.3) on my small disk (55
Mo free).
But I ran into troubles because pkg_add try to unpack first the package in
/tmp
before copying each file at the disired location. So, my disk as not enough
space.

Is there a way to tell pkg_add to extract in place ? (I've tried @option
extract_in_place
but with this option, the archive is extracted is /tmp and not copied).

Another thing... Is there a mac68k package containign "qt", because I plan to
install kde
and I have found everything but "qt" ?

Thanks !

Vincent BARAT

"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
 It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with."

Work: vincent.barat@ansf.alcatel.fr  Home: vbarat@iway.fr
Alcatel TITN Answare
30, r. Bahon Rault                   La Cormerais
35000 RENNES - FRANCE                35250 CHASNE sur ILLET - FRANCE
Tel.: +33-(0)299874704               Tel.: +33-(0)299651316