Subject: Re: unable to login to my machine
To: Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/1998 17:05:41
On Sun, 15 Mar 1998, Paul Forgey wrote:

> I seem to be locked out of my machine suddenly.  Although I can still
> boot single user, any attempt to login via the console or over the
> network causes 'login incorect' immediately after entering username.

	Something similar to me happened awhile back, and it was from bad
file permissions on the /etc directory. It SHOULD be rwxr-xr-x, or 755.
Also check the permission s on your various password related files and
databases. Is it just regular users, or can you not even log in as root?

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!