Subject: Fixing the lc040 FPE?!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <emacia@solucions.ad>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1998 13:22:00
>Subject: Fixing the lc040 FPE?!
>Date:	Fri, 13 Mar 98 10:08:31 +0100
>x-sender: laha2971@mail.student.uu.se
>From:	Lars Hagstrom <m95lah@student.tdb.uu.se>
>To:	<port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
>Sender: port-mac68k-owner@NetBSD.ORG
>
>There are a lot of people (including me) that are talking about the broken
>fpe. I am wondering if this is a time for a joint effort to do something
>about it.
>I would start doing something if I felt that I knew something about how to
>do it, but I dont. I would certainly assist someone with bugtesting +
>possibly bits of code (I know a bit of 68k assembler). But what is needed
>is someone to take hold of the project.
>The option of buying a full 040 seems a bit ridiculous to me, as I could
>get a 486 PC for that price (ok, so its not a mac, but neither is BSD....).
>
>So the question is, can we start doing something?
>
>     Lars

I have a Performa 630 with LC040 so i am full interested on the project.
If I can do anything from testing to compiling i will be very happy.
I have 20M RAM and a 330 Mb hard disk, is this enough to help on the work?
this weekend i download  the sources to begin to look at them.
I have experience and tools for programing on the Mac side, do I need
something apart of the 1.3 release and sources to work on the BSD?
If someone takes control on the project, please tell me what can I do.
Best regards, Eugeni.