Subject: Re: Fixing the lc040 FPE?!
To: Lars Hagstrom <m95lah@student.tdb.uu.se>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1998 08:58:00
Lars Hagstrom wrote:
> There are a lot of people (including me) that are talking about the broken fpe. I am wondering if this is a time for a joint effort to do something about it.
> I would start doing something if I felt that I knew something about how to do it, but I dont. I would certainly assist someone with bugtesting + possibly bits of code (I know a bit of 68k assembler). But what is needed is someone to take hold of the pro
ject.
> The option of buying a full 040 seems a bit ridiculous to me, as I could get a 486 PC for that price (ok, so its not a mac, but neither is BSD....).
>
> So the question is, can we start doing something?

Go for it!  If you want to work on something, please do!  In this case,
try writing Ken Nakata, Scott Reynolds, or Allen Briggs and see if they
can describe what they believe the problem is (I think it has something to
do with FP moves).  Of course, you'll either need an 'LC040 machine and a
machine to actually build kernels on, or else get someone to test or build
for you....

Later.