Subject: Newbie help for X11 (more data)
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <emacia@solucions.ad>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1998 13:47:52
>Unfortunately I cant get the X server to work, I have created the
>/etc/ld.so.conf file and add the /usr/X11R6/bin path, but when i do startx
>i get the following
>          screen0 at 0x41e5000 640x480 rowB 80 fbase
>          X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

Thanks for your quick answers.
I do more tests from what you say to me.

1 FPU.
I install SoftwareFPU and run the Norton Sysinfo tests on FPU, It sees the
emulator as a 68881 and runs all the tests (very slowly) as a 'software '
and as '68881' fpu, no errors.

2 run startx many times.
No change, i always get the same two lines in less than 2 seconds.
>          screen0 at 0x41e5000 640x480 rowB 80 fbase
>          X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)
Now it added a third that says
Segmentation fault core dumped.
(I'm reading the faqs about this new message, it seems i must change the
scsi disk)

3 I check the logs with dmesg and xdm-errors
xdm-errors has only one line that says :
   xdm error (pid 210) : Missing display type for XMac68k

On the dmesg i see this lines about the display:
   NetBSD 1.3 (GENERIC) #56   ( i have other kernels also)
   cpu: delay factor 353
   relmem=20971520
   availmem=16941056
   mainbus0 (root)