Subject: Re: cpin/cpout
To: Jack Holloway <holloway@midusa.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1998 21:29:33
Jack Holloway wrote:

> I've been trying to figure out how to get the 'cpin' feature to work on the
> NetBSD 1.3 installer... I know that it is SUPPOSED to be 'cpin
> hfs_input_file output_file_on_netbsd_side' and I have tried putting a file
> in the SAME directory as the installer, typping(and yes.. I AM at the 'mini
> shell' prompt) 'cpin <name of HFS file,exactly as it appears in the finder>
> <name of output file on netbsd partition>' and it returns "error opening hfs
> file, or something similiar!!!!!! Any idea?

Does it have spaces in the name?  The mini-shell doesn't seem to handle
spaces very well.  Make sure that the file name only has alphanumeric
characters in the name, and you'll probably be safe.  As for being in the
same directory as the Installer, that's extremely helpful if you don't
want to have to use full MacOS paths.

I hope this helps some.

Later.