Subject: Question - NetBSD 1.3 mac68k
To: , <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bobby Cox <iteration@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1998 18:43:31
Hi, I had an error when launching the mac68k Installer.  I downloaded the
entire contents of the netbsd mac68k directory, version 1.3.  I formatted
three partitions of a Seagate Hawk drive as follows:

Root, approx 100MB
Usr, approx 500MB
swap, approx 60MB

and converted them with mkfs to the correct types.  When I run the
installer, I get something like this, after selecting the Seagate as my
drive:

sd0a...etc etc
and then:

Error on SCSIRead(), #5
Error on SCSIRead(), #5
failed mountfs(), error 22.
Error mounting root.
mount root. : undefined error: 0

then my computer crashes (gives me an option to restart)

My computer is one that is supported, a Performa 550 with 21MB RAM,
System 7.6.  Thanks for any help you could provide.

-Bobby Cox
iteration@worldnet.att.net

The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher
regard those who think alike than those who think differently.
  Nietzche

Windows is not the answer.  It's the question.  The answer is no.

Windows 95: n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
written by a 2 bit company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.