Subject: Re[2]: vm_fault on Quadra 800 after fresh 1.3 install.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1998 15:56:50
     OK, here is more info:

     It boots up fine, (I got the swap set up, Is it Ok if the swap is on a
     different physical drive than root?) but when I start doing pretty
     much anything it crashes to the debugger.  This last time it gave me a
     bus error trap message:

     trap: type 0x0, code 0x105, v 0xffffffff
     kernel: Bus error trap
     pid = 31, pc = 000C26F2, ps = 2208, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
     Registers:

     dreg:  stuff here
     areg: more stuff here

     Kernel stack (007C9DEC):
        Bunch of stuff here

As per the suggestion I typed a 't' at the debugger and got this:

_Debugger numbers . .
_panic  numbers . .
_trap  numbers . .
faultstkadj  numbers . .
_vm_fault  numbers . .
_trap  numbers . .
faultstkadj  numbers . .

        Please let me know if there is any more info that I can give you, or
things that I could try.  Also, for some reason my /usr partition doesn't get
mounted automatically.  It is in the fstab, but I always need to mount it after
I boot.  I can't really associate the crash with anything I did, it happened
when I have used the mount command, vi, cd, ls.  But since my usr doesn't mount
properly the mount command is always a common factor.

        Thanks alot,

                     Mario Magliocco