Subject: vm_fault on Quadra 800 after fresh 1.3 install.
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mario Magliocco <Mario_Magliocco@broder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1998 15:00:05

     I just installed 1.3 fresh on a Quadra 800 with 56 megs of Ram.  I am
     using the latest booter off of netbsd.org.  It boots fine and it even
     runs for a few minutes, but it will always die with a vm_fault and
     dumps me into the debugger.  The error goes:

        vm_fault(4f5500, 3f000, 0, 0) -> 2
       type 8, code 0x8, code 0x500, v 0x3f000
     kernel: MMU fault trap
     pid = 46, pc = 00000000, ps = 0000, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
     Registers:
         numbers... . . numbers . .. .

     I have not set up a swap partition yet because the machine always
     quits before I can set anything up, but I thought that I would be OK
     with 56 megs of ram.  Well I am pretty confused since I have installed
     NetBSD on 3 different macs including a Quadra 700 without any
     problems.  I also tried the SBC kernel.  I would appreciate any input
     on this matter.

        Thank you,
                        Mario Magliocco