Subject: Re: Newbie help for X11
To: None <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1998 12:41:02
On Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:06:52 -0800 (PST),
Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com> writes:

> That message is pretty normal, I think.  I believe that Ken compiled the
> server using -current sources, so his libraries were a bit newer than
> yours.

Oops, that's right.  My libc is libc.so.12.25.  But I used to get the
similar error message with Colin's color server (my previous libc was
12.20).  It (or more precisely, ld.so) says it expects something like
version > 12.21, but it also says "using it anyway".  So I figured
minor version number wouldn't be much of a problem.  I may be wrong.

> My guess is that the 'LC040 is the problem,
> tho, and if you try it a dozen times, it might work at least once.

And that is definitely not right... (I mean, "that" being FPE
exhibiting such indeterministic behavior)  Is there any fundamental
difference between kernel-mode programming model on 030s and 040s that
I'm not aware of?

Ken