Subject: Re: Adding an additional hard drive to my file system
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: None <cruller@unicom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1998 11:57:48
Greg Dunn wrote:

> Did you always have root and swap on separate SCSI IDs?  I seem to
> remember from the docs that root & swap want to be on the same drive,
> even though technically what you're doing should work.

No. But moving the swap to its own 40meg drive works quite well for me
right now.  I thought that the 1.3 stuff was capable of seperate root,
swap drives,  Tho I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

> Other than that, I don't see any big problems; I do know that NetBSD
> is very fussy about SCSI cable length...

The Q800 has an extra scsi plug on the internal cable, 1 for cd, 1for
1/2 height rack & 2 for full height rack.  I've got the usr drive on the
last scsi plug.  I'll try the second to last plug, maybe that will help.
:-)  Thanks!