Subject: Re: ethernet card?
To: bradf <bradf@1earth.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1998 09:50:18
bradf wrote:
> I've recently purchased a Macintosh LC II, I've taken out the Apple IIe
> Card and now I'm trying to find out what type of ethernet card i can put
> in. On the macbsd web page it says there is "NuBus ethernet" support for
> LC II, but someone told me that LC II doesn't have NuBus support, only
> PDS <processor direct slot?>.

They are usually roughly equivalent.  Depending on what web page you're
looking at, NuBus ethernet and PDS ethernet are the same thing.  I guess I
can change the category to "SE" for slot-based Ethernet...

> Which leads me to my question, what ethernet card can i get for my LC II
> that NetBSD supports?

If you can find mention of an LCII on the Ethernet Status page, go for
that kind of card.  Otherwise, I've generally found that Asante cards work
for most people (someone please correct me on this if I'm wrong).  You can
usually find cheap ethernet hardware on auction at www.ebay.com.

Later.