Subject: Re: Adding an additional hard drive to my file system
To: #hea <hea@ix.netcom.com>
From: None <cruller@unicom.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1998 08:50:50
#hea wrote:

> Just a few thoughts I feel I should add here:
>
> >SCSI termination and drive position [snip]

I've checked the IDs & termination on the internal side of my 800, the
three drives have removable resistor blocks and the drive at the end of
the chain is termed, the other two are not.  The IDs are as follows root
is on scsi id 0, swap on scsi id 1 and where I want to mount usr is on
scsi id 4.  disklabel tells me I am indeed using the correct dev numbers
in fstab.  Auto mount is the thing I'm having problems with.  I can
mount /dev/sd2g once I am in netbsd I know I could put some mount stuff
in my .login file but it seems like _such_ a hack.

I'm going to try a couple of things, remove the external zip, reorder
the drives inside with scsi & terms changing as I do.  Maybe its
something weird with the terms I have in the usr drive.  Don't know,
I'll keep you posted!

BTW  how does one take a screen shot in afterstep?  I got the OSFA
xserver(thanks, ken?) & static grey is tre' cool.  I'll have to upgrade
my vram for some cool internal color.

ta

Gerald T. Krall

"When the revolution takes place, I'll be late and shot as a traitor"
-SugarCubes