Subject: Re: dmaintr: and esp0: ?
To: None <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1998 02:33:12
On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 01:01:29 -0500,
Steve Revilak <revilak@umbsky.cc.umb.edu> writes:
> Recently, I installed NetBSD 1.3 on a Quadra 605 (with FPU), and I'm
> experencing an anamoly that I'm not quite sure how to resolve.  The
> following message lines keep appearing (although numbers are not always the
> same).
>
> Mar  6 13:39:40  /netbsd: dmaintr: discarded 32 b (last transfer was 1008
> b).
> Mar  6 13:39:40  /netbsd: esp0: !TC [intr 10, stat 87, step 4] prevphase 0,
> resid 3f0
>
> The message lines seem most prone to appearing when a SCSI transaction is
> taking place.  NetBSD is installed on a Syquest EZ135 removable.

NetBSD/mac68k SCSI drivers (ncr, sbc, or esp) seem to be much more
sensitive to the target devices than any other SCSI driver I've seen,
though I myself have never had that kind of problem, not even with the
Zip drive or the Quantum Fireball (which many people seem to have
problem with ncr driver).

It may be a bug, but I don't have the skills to fix it...

I'm Cc'ing this message to the author of esp and ncr drivers (and many
other things), Allen Briggs.

Ken