Subject: Re: Networking Problems Still
To: None <hea@ix.netcom.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1998 02:26:50
On Fri, 6 Mar 98 22:10:12 -0800,
#hea <hea@ix.netcom.com> writes:
> Mar  6 20:15:40 p600 /netbsd:  zstty0: ring overrun
[...]
> Nothing else seems to be wrong.  I cannot detect any performance problem,
> and I don't see any garbage characters.  It doesn't bother me, but I'm
> curious if it's a hardware problem or if I have something set up wrong?

You can try lowering the serial port speed.  I get the same thing if I
run the modem port at 57,600bps, but I don't at all at 38,400bps.  I
can't seem to connect to University's dial-up modem at any faster than
28.8kbps, so the lower port speed doesn't bother me when compared to
the intrusive kernel messages.  This is on a Q840av.

Ken