Subject: Re: various mouse results
To: None <mcmahill@alum.mit.edu>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1998 08:07:42
Dan McMahill wrote:

> Info Performance Mouse, Model IPM2

Never heard of this one. As Colin said, if you are willing to
spend some time with ADB Parser it is probably not too difficult
to add support.

> Mar  1 10:46:23 lucille /netbsd: adb: using II series hardware support
> Mar  1 10:46:23 lucille /netbsd: adb: ADBReInit complete
> Mar  1 10:46:23 lucille /netbsd: adb: extended keyboard at 2
> Mar  1 10:46:23 lucille /netbsd: adb: extended mouse <LT> 0-button 0 dpi unknown device at 3
>
> this is with the logitech mouse.  I'm using SLOTMAN for my strange video card plus
> ethernet (ethernet doesn't work without slotman).  I'm using HWDIRECT   due to extended
> keyboard on a IIx (won't boot MRG kernels).  Looks like left and middle buttons work, but
> not the right one (acts dead).

The patch for this is at:
ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/outgoing/jpw/kernels/source/adb.ii.patches.diff

It basically patches all of the interrupt time code for the II
series machines. There was a bug where no more than 2 bytes would
be read in, so the addional info for an extended mouse was
garbage.

> When I try the  Info Performance mouse, I get as far as:
> adb: using II series hardware support
> and it hangs

Let us know what happens with this model after you apply the
above patch. It shouldn't be _hanging_ like this, regardless of
the protocol the mouse is trying to use, however. Unless, I
suppose, it thinks the mouse is something else and is waiting for
a response to something. Anyway, please let me know what the
results are.

	--John