Subject: Re: IDE Support & How to find the base address ?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1998 00:54:44
> According to my notes, 5 that will run NetBSD/mac68k:  Q630,
> LC630/P630/P631/P635/P636/P637/P638, PB150, PB190, and PB190cs.  (Ok, I
> guess that's really 12 machines, but the Performas are pretty damn
> similar).  A fairly large number of the newer PowerMacs come with them as
> well, but that's not really relevant here.

Actually, I feel silly. This is *very* important. PowerMacs are relavant.
At least the 6300. The hardware of the 630 and 6300 are virtually identical!
There's a working IDE driver in the Linux-pmac kernel. All somebody needs
to do is ask Paul Mackerras, the linux-pmac port master, what chip they're
using and it should simply be a matter of porting the appropriate NetBSD
driver for that chip from some other port (like i386).

Of course, the base addresses are different and most likely the interrupts
but those can be found by looking at the driver and dev notes.

Anybody feel up to the challenge of porting an IDE driver?