Subject: Re: IIcx, Extended keyboard
To: None <jscott@MNSi.Net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 21:05:49
jscott@MNSi.Net wrote:
> The HArdware direct kernel freezes right after the two "adb:" lines on my
> IIcx,  cant use the adb code from the netbsd 1.2 kernel that allready works?

Really?  Sounds like a bug in -current, to me.  Of course, you could also
be hitting the bug in HWDIRECT kernels...ugh!  The ADB code from 1.2 is
almost the same as the 1.3 MRG support.  The differences are at a higher
level that are much harder to remove.  I'll upload a kernel that I'm
working on which should work around the problem for you for now.  Please
grab the kernel from:

ftp://www.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/contrib/incoming/ender/GENERICADB.tar.gz

It _should_ be installable via the Installer utility.  Let me know if this
doesn't work.  If we get a 1.3.1 kernel, that would be a better solution
than the above kernel.

Later.