Subject: Re: IIcx and ADB
To: None <jscott@MNSi.Net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 15:44:26
jscott@MNSi.Net wrote:
>    When i try to boot my IIcx off of the EZ135 using the Generic SBC kernel
> It freezes after the first adb message, here:
> adb: bus subsystem
> adb:
>
> then it freezes and doesnt continue and doesnt do anything.

I guess I really need to update/create the "known problems" web page.  The
FAQ just isn't cutting it on this one (btw, this is fully discussed in the
FAQ).  The problem is your extended keyboard (assuming you have one).
There is a bug in the MRG ADB support for older II-series hardware (ok, I
think that the bug is actually in the ROM's, but that's just me).  You can
either temporarily use a standard keyboard, or else get a HWDIRECT version
of the kernel:

ftp://www.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/eskimo.copy/kernels/

I hope this helps.

Later.