Subject: Re: NetTalk...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 15:03:33
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Chris Jewell wrote:
>
> >      I have tried sveral times to install NetTalk 1.4b2 and I have run
> > into the same problem over and over (each time I downloaded a gzip file
> > from a different source).  I try to do the make and I get an error that it
> > cannot locate a file called at.h in the netatalk directory.  What am I
> > doing wrong?  The README fiels are no help.  Also, I am running the
> > SLOTMAN kernel, do I have to rebuild it with the netatalk option like the
> > README.NETBSD suggests?
>
> Paul? Does SLOTMAN have NETATALK in it?

All publicly released SLOTMAN kernels are identical to GENERIC kernels,
except for the changes to nubus.c and the grf*.c files (and related
headers, of course).  If the GENERIC kernel has NETATALK, then so do the
SLOTMAN kernels!

> Also, what version of NetBSD are you using? You need to be using either
> 1.2G or 1.3 (or -current).

SLOTMAN kernels are all 1.3...

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |