Subject: Re: A few Questions again....
To: None <o52931@sumela.ktu.edu.tr>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 14:16:54
Mehmet Orhun SEYMEN wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have ot a few Questions below...
> 1) Do you know ,where I can find a free 68k assembler which recognizes
> Suprvisor
> commands?

I'm pretty sure that gas (the GNU assembler shipped with NetBSD) does
recognize them.  The only things it has problems with are some of the
stranger cache flushing instructions on the '030, I think.

> 2)How will I write assembly programs with gnu assembler?

If I were you, I'd find a copy of the gas texinfo pages (available off of
any GNU ftp site), and it'll tell you how gas assembly looks.  There is a
texinfo browser built into emacs (as well as a standalone browser that
comes with the texinfo package).

> 3)Can you send me a routine which makes 68k to run on  Supervisor mode
> and another routine to leave Supervisor mode.

Hmmm...don't know about that one.  I'd suggest checking out the 68k
Programmer's Reference Manual, available from Motorola.  (You could also
probably read through NetBSD/mac68k's locore.s source file since I know
that it has to do it at some point).

> 4)You know the problem about  esp0.

What problem would this be?

> I noticed that when I close the cahe