Subject: Re: A few Questions again....
To: None <o52931@sumela.ktu.edu.tr>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 16:24:56
On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 22:04:59 +0200,
Mehmet Orhun SEYMEN <o52931@sumela.ktu.edu.tr> writes:
> 1) Do you know ,where I can find a free 68k assembler which recognizes
> Suprvisor
> commands?

Gas recognizes all 68k instructions, privileged or non-privileged.

> 2)How will I write assembly programs with gnu assembler?

In one sentence: You save your program in a file with suffix .s
(e.g. myprog.s) and assemble it.  See man pages.

> 3)Can you send me a routine which makes 68k to run on  Supervisor mode
> and another routine to leave Supervisor mode.

On NetBSD?  No, only kernel runs in supervisor mode, and no user
program is allowed to run in supervisor mode.  Besides, this shouldn't
be necessary.  If you absolutely need to use privileged instructions,
you should probably be writing a device driver, instead of a user
program.

> 4)You know the problem about  esp0. I noticed that when I close the cahe
> of HDD
> nothing abnormal happened. Perhaps this will be importatn fot NetBSD
> developpers.
> (my HD is Fujitsu 1603S)

Sorry, I don't quite follow you here.

Ken