Subject: Re: booting hangs right before copyright
To: None <windsor@warthog.com>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 11:29:33
Rob Windsor wrote:
> The system is a IIci.  I can consistently go back to the distributed
> GENERIC kernel, which doesn't give me any problems.
>
> I think I'll try to compile a GENERIC kernel, and if that works, I'll start
> trimming out the options one-by-one.  (*sigh*, with 2.5 hrs between reboots,
> I wonder if the wife will let me use the Quad700 for compiles...)

That sounds like a good plan.  BTW, a full config/make depend/make cycle
from a clean directory on my Q700 takes less than 2 hours.  As long as you
don't change too many options in the config file, you can recompile in
much less time (make depend is pretty much fixed at about 20 minutes,
depending on disk speed), but you shouldn't have to recompile most of the
kernel.

Good luck!