Subject: Re: NetTalk...
To: Chris Jewell <jewell@jewellce.es.dupont.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 09:34:35
On Wed, 4 Mar 1998, Chris Jewell wrote:

>      I have tried sveral times to install NetTalk 1.4b2 and I have run
> into the same problem over and over (each time I downloaded a gzip file
> from a different source).  I try to do the make and I get an error that it
> cannot locate a file called at.h in the netatalk directory.  What am I
> doing wrong?  The README fiels are no help.  Also, I am running the
> SLOTMAN kernel, do I have to rebuild it with the netatalk option like the
> README.NETBSD suggests?

Paul? Does SLOTMAN have NETATALK in it?

Are you trying to install NetTalk, or NetAtalk? I have no idea what
NetTalk is...

Did you get the netatalk1.4b2 for netbsd from ftp.netbsd.org? It's in
pub/NetBSD/misc/netatalk.

Also, what version of NetBSD are you using? You need to be using either
1.2G or 1.3 (or -current).

>    A few other tidbit questions I have are:
> 	-Is there a version of the afsps software for NetBSD.
> 	 This is for mounting Apple File systems.

No. File systems are fairly personal to an OS. I don't know if they share
well. It'd be cool though...

Take care,

Bill