Subject: Re: booting hangs right before copyright
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Windsor <windsor@warthog.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 08:07:55

Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu> wrote:

> Few. It LOOKs ok. I'm sorry, but I forgot what kind of machine you have.

> Maybe try turning options off more finely. (Turn a few off and see what
> happens).

> Also, there are some weird kernel-size bugs which no one's ever figured
> out.

Yes I have the 32-bit addressing enabled and the VM disabled.  The screen
blanks and kicks out the handful of lines regarding addressing and memory
size, and then stops hard right where the NetBSD copyright would normally
show.

The system is a IIci.  I can consistently go back to the distributed
GENERIC kernel, which doesn't give me any problems.

I think I'll try to compile a GENERIC kernel, and if that works, I'll start
trimming out the options one-by-one.  (*sigh*, with 2.5 hrs between reboots,
I wonder if the wife will let me use the Quad700 for compiles...)

Thanks for the help.. maybe this will bring more ideas.

-- Rob
Internet: windsor@warthog.com
Life: Rob@Carrollton.Texas.USA.Earth

The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.