Subject: Re: Current kernel with Madhatter patch ?
To: Michael R Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: SamMaEl <rimsky@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1998 03:23:08
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Michael R Zucca wrote:

> The -current snapshots for at least a few weeks have the Madhatter patch
> (actually, its equivalent) in them. The problem you're experiencing is
> the "other" problem with large monitors.
>
> There's a little piece of code in grf_iv.c that checks the monitor sense
> lines improperly. If you comment out that code your monitor should work OK.
>
> I've put a fix for this along with a patch for the 630 into a send-pr.
> Eventually this will make its way into the kernel (I guess I should mail
> Scott or something so he knows) it just hasn't gotten there yet.
>
> > Where can I find current kernel with the Madhatter path ?
>
> Somebody that has a GENERIC -current kernel with the 630 patch applied
> should work for you. Anybody out there that can help this guy?

	I have both the -current sources as of... hmmm... this last
weekend, and said 630 patch ;-) I'll crank you out a GENERIC kernel with
the patch added. If you need any other special spiffies I can add/subtract
those as well. Specifically, do you need a SBC kernel? Actually, I'll try
to compile both NCR and SBC and put them up on a web site, along with the
patch file. Non-GENERIC kernels can be made on request ;-) Just e-mail me.

	Ryan

-----
HELO... my name is rewt... you have SIGKILLed my father... prepare to vi!