Subject: Re: X window manager recommendations?
To: Stefan Lindstrvm <stefan.lindstrom@sylog.se>
From: Adrian Rollett <acrollet+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1998 17:36:30
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Stefan Lindstrvm wrote:

> Thanks for all your suggestions!
>
> I went home yesterday and compiled both tvtwm and AfterStep (I'll check
> fvwm tonight), and so far Afterstep is a real winner. I just hope all
> this neat stuff doesn't load down my Q660AV too much...
> Side note: I haven't gotten ASclock to run yet (it's a clock module for
> the Afterstep Wharf toolbar), it complains about "too few color cells"
> or something like that. Since I run this on a 16bpp screen (Ken's colour
> server), I find that hard to believe. Has anyone seen this and know how
> to fix it?

	I too got interested in AfterStep, and compiled it. It runs real
nice for me on a IIci w/ 16 megs of RAM, so as long as you have a
reasonable amount of memory, you should be fine... I get the same error
with asclock, and I compiled it with the 4-bit color option, so I don't
know *what* the deal is...

cheers,

\adrian*