Subject: Re: Multiple domain names ?
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Josh Hope <otaku@unixgeek.ml.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1998 16:06:19
On Tue, 3 Mar 1998, Colin Wood wrote:

> Olof Rymark wrote:
> > Probably I will get another domain name for my computer. What do I need to
> > configure to make my computer respond to the second name. It is also
> > important that sendmail will continue working with the new name. I'm
> > running majordomo and got a lot of aliases that I want to keep working
> > with the new (and old) domain name.
>
> This question might be better asked on netbsd-users@netbsd.org, but first,
> are you sure your mean another _domain_ name and not just another cname?
> Either way, adding another name is pretty much just a matter of updating
> the DNS entries for your host.  Who maintains those, you or your provider?
> How sendmail would handle it, I don't quite know, tho.

sendmail? Wouldn't it be a matter of a Cw entry? :)

> Later.
>
> --
> Colin Wood                                 cwood@ichips.intel.com
> Component Design Engineer - MD6                 Intel Corporation
> I speak only on my own behalf, not for my employer.

Josh Hope                                          root@unixgeek.ml.org
UNIX System Administrator                        http://unixgeek.ml.org
"If you want, then start to laugh. If you must, then start to cry. Be
yourself, don't hide, just believe in destiny. Don't care what people
say, just follow your own way. Don't give up and use the chance to
return to innocence." -- Enigma, "Return to Innocence"