Subject: Re: X window manager recommendations?
To: Stefan Lindstrom . <stefan.lindstrom@sylog.se>
From: Mark Gallucci <mark.gallucci@prepress.pps.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1998 10:53:22
--- on 3/3/98 5:18 AM , Stefan Lindstrom wrote:

> I just hope all this neat stuff doesn't load
> down my Q660AV too much...

probably not as much as it loads down my SE/30 :)

> I haven't gotten ASclock to run yet (it's a clock
> module for the Afterstep Wharf toolbar), it
> complains about "too few color cells" or something
> like that. Since I run this on a 16bpp screen
> (Ken's colour server), I find that hard to believe.
> Has anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

hmm, I get this error too - "not enough color cells" - don't know how to
fix it, though. I'm using the eXodus MacOS Xserver at 24bpp (the internal
512x342 monochrome just doesn't cut it for X), and I thought it might be
a problem with the server.

Any ideas?

BTW, is anyone using the free MI/X server successfully with a window
manager other than twm? AfterStep won't run with it...

mark
gallucci@prepress.pps.com