Subject: Current kernel with Madhatter patch ?
To: Port Mac68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Vincent BARAT <Vincent.Barat@ansf.alcatel.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1998 08:57:43
Hi,

In the quest of getting color X running on my Quadra 650, I've downloaded
ken's color X server and the full NetBSD 1.3 stuff.

Unfortunately, I've an Apple 16' monitor (832 x ???) and it seams hard to have

color X working with it at this resolution:

- First, I thought I could use a nubus card (slow) with the slotman kernel and
the
color X server, but slotman kernel doesn't want to boot on my Quadra 650.

- Second, I thought I could use internal video (fast) with the current kernel
and the
color X server, but current kernel doesn't want to recognize grf0 (that wasn't
the case
with my old 14' monitor).

- Third, I read that it could work with internal video  if I apply the
Madhatter
patch on current kernel to force it to recognize grf0. Unfortunately, I've not
enough
space to compile my own kernel. Furthermore, I tried to boot with a Madhatter
kernel (but it seamed to be old) and it didn't work.

So, there is my question :

Where can I find current kernel with the Madhatter path ?

Thanks to help me, because NetBSD has no interest for me without color
(I'm working on computer graphics !)