Subject: Re: MouseMan oddity
To: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
From: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1998 20:43:52
Colin wrote:

>Actually, I think he's hitting that bug in II-series hardware support that
>you recently fixed.  Those are the symptoms I was seeing, too (although
>the address 2 thing is a bit screwy.....the SLOTMAN kernels should be 1.3
>or later, tho).

OK, I made a mistake copying down the info from the boot.  It was seeing my
Logitech mouse as device 3, not 2.  But it definitely said <LT>, unknown
device, and 0 buttons.

I installed yet anothewr kernel :-) this time, SLOTMAN_MRG_SBC.  My machine
still is reluctant to boot past the attempt to mount my third HD, but I'm
increasingly sure that's a hardware issue (the drive is quite old, and I
have about 3 feet of SCSI cable between it and the IIci).  Regardless, it
now sees the mouse as <LT0>, 3 buttons, 400 dpi, device 3.  Success!  The
third button works like a dream.

Thanks to all for the follow-up and illumination.  I'll be quiet for a
while now... :-)

--
| Greg Dunn                       |                                  |
| gregdunn@indy.net               |    "Who is Number One?"          |