Subject: Re: MouseMan oddity
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1998 08:22:19
On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Greg Dunn wrote:

> I'm running SLOTMAN_HWD_SBC#220 at the current time.  It still
> hangs during boot while mounting filesystems about 1 out of every
> 5 times, but a reboot clears it up with not filesystem damage...

I had similar problems with a 1.3 GENERIC kernel on my system, but it
mysteriously cleared up when I moved to a different root device.  :(

> The system boots too fast for me to copy the exact ADB
> message (!) and the boot log mysteriously doesn't contain the
> text, but it reads something like "device at adb2: <LT> 0-button
> extended protocol (unknown device)" for my MouseMan M-AH32.
> I'm sure about the <LT> and the 0-button part. :-)

The message doesn't show up in the output of dmesg?  How strange...

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |