Subject: Re: MouseMan oddity
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1998 09:13:11
Greg Dunn wrote:
> I'm running SLOTMAN_HWD_SBC#220 at the current time.  It still
> hangs during boot while mounting filesystems about 1 out of every
> 5 times, but a reboot clears it up with not filesystem damage...

Do you have a II-series machine?  (Or rather a machine with II-series ADB
hardware)?

> The system boots too fast for me to copy the exact ADB
> message (!) and the boot log mysteriously doesn't contain the
> text, but it reads something like "device at adb2: <LT> 0-button
> extended protocol (unknown device)" for my MouseMan M-AH32.
> I'm sure about the <LT> and the 0-button part. :-)

That's about what I remember mine doing under HWDIRECT kernels.  If I were
you, I'd switch to the MRG version of that kernel.  John recently found a
bug in his II-series support that caused this kind of behavior.  He's got
a patch for it, but I don't think that it's in -current quite yet.

> For contrast, this mouse was working under MacOS and MkLinux with
> all three buttons recognized...

With John's latest patch, it works just fine for me with a HWDIRECT kernel
(and it works just fine with MRG kernels as well).

Let us know if this doesn't work.

Later.