Subject: Re: 68LC040?!
To: <>
From: Lars Hagstrom <m95lah@student.tdb.uu.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1998 13:08:40
> >> Are the errors I experience due to the FPE or is it something else, can I
> >> expect them to get solved if i manage to compile the libm?
> >
> >The errors you are seeing now that you have installed the old libm are due
> >to broken FPE.  What you are seeing now is probably "as good as it gets"
> >unfortunately.  Many people have decided that the machine is usable, even
> >with all of the segfaults.  Perhaps someone will find that final bug in
> >the FPE?

Well, I've now tried to compile a new libm, which is impossible. Most files
will compile, but not "k_standard.c", which results in Illegal Instruction
or something like it. I was wondering if someone could be bothered to
compile it for me? That is just a new version of libm with the no68881
patch.

> Now that Ken Nakata has a working MacBSD machine again you could beg him to
> get back to this problem.  If you offered to help him with testing it might
> make a difference.

I would certainly help!

thanx
	Lars