Subject: X window manager recommendations?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Lindström <stefan.lindstrom@sylog.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1998 10:26:17
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice window manager? I'd like
something like olvwm, with a small "virtual desktop" window where you
get an overview of the whole desktop, including which windows are open
where (this is the important part). The ctwm model with buttons to press
to switch between workspaces isn't very nice since you can't see what
each workspace contains without switching.
I really need something to compensate for 640x480 on a 14" screen...

/Stefan

PS. So far I've tried twm (yuck!), ctwm (best so far) and fvwm2 (can't
get used to that way of switching workspaces).
--
| Stefan Lindström, Sylog AB    stefan.lindstrom@sylog.se |