Subject: Re: Color X on IIci
To: Greg Dunn <gregdunn@indy.net>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1998 21:48:11
Greg Dunn wrote:
> So far, so good; all my X utilities are working as expected.  A couple of
> things that the list might be interested in, or be able to make a
> suggestion:
>
> 1) My Logitech MouseMan M-AH32 mostly works with X.  Left and middle
> buttons do the expected things, but the right button is ignored.  Is this a
> known situation?  Any workarounds?

Hmmm...mine works perfectly.  What kind of kernel are you using?  What
kind of machine do you have?  There is a problem with II-series hardware
direct ADB support that might be the problem.  What does the boot sequence
say about your mouse?

> 2) At 640x480 (smallest screen I've ever used with X), fvwm's X fonts are
> BIG; I can't yet hook up a larger display, so I'd like to reduce the font
> sizes of the window frames and popup menus.  I assume this is a function of
> the window manager itself?   Or is there an X resource that fvwm looks at
> to determine how big its fonts should be?  I'm still looking at
> documentation, but if anyone could point me at the right place it'd save me
> some time.

Although I'm sure that there is an X resource to specify font size, I
believe that your .fvwmrc is the place to look.  You can search the man
page for fvwm by using 'more's search facility.

Later.