Subject: Re: XFmail and others
To: Chris" , "Net BSD <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1998 17:37:35

>Here is my current problem with XFmail.  When first starting up XFmail it
>says "Resolving texas.dyn.ml.org" in the little status window.  Ok, since
>I do have texas.dyn.ml.org with my current IP, it just sits there and
>never gets past that point. Is there anything that I can perhaps add to
>/etc/hosts to make it so it doesn't have to resolve that address?
>
>Any help at all is appreciated.
Chris,

    I've been using xfmail for a few years on Linux, and it is my
favorite X email program.  Sounds like you have it set to attempt to
connect and pop at startup!  Check the config and see if under the
Receive button you have checked "On Startup".  Does it do this when
your connection is established or only if you lauch it when the
connection is down?

Paul